Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring, O Glorious Spring!



Did you know that the word "Lent" actually comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "lengten," meaning “Spring?”

Spring is here and I am happy! I love the changing weather and the warmth of the sun and warmer breezes. I especially love to see the rebirth of flowers and plants around us and to hear the new spring songs of the birds returning home. I am fortunate to live deep in nature in the country of Connecticut. We even have a bear or two, recently out of hibernation who have been visiting our area in search of some scrumptious bird seed. It is always exciting to see them.

Go and see Suzanne's beautiful post today at Blessed Among Men and Jennifer at As Cozy as Spring.

Hopefully I may have a chance later on to post an article I wrote about Spring.
God bless your day!
Donna-Marie

2 comments:

Suzanne Temple said...

I did not know that the word lent came from the word for "spring." Very interesting, thank you, and only as I was going to write this did I see that you linked here to my post. Thank you for that as well.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Yes, interesting, I just learned that! You are welcome for the link to your beautiful post!
God bless!
Donna