Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lenten Meme


Lenten Meme, March 4, 2007

I learned about "Memes" through
Karen Edmisten and was invited to participate.

What is your favorite Sorrowful Mystery?
I don't have a "favorite" Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary, but since you ask, I think it would have to be the "Crowning of Thorns" that I most relate to. I suffer from migraine head aches and pray to unite my sufferings to Jesus, hoping that they can become redemptive.

What is your favorite Station of the Cross?
All of the Stations are very sublime, but I think the one my heart really relates to is the Sixth Station when Veronica wipes Jesus' blood streaked face. She braves the crowd to go out to Him. She reaches Him and wipes His Sacred face with her tender love, trying to make up for some of the blows to His mistreated face. She doesn't care what happens to her, what the angry crowd might do, her mission is to console Jesus. I pray that I can console Jesus, too, with little works of love, with consoling Him in others. I am so drawn to Veronica and her loving action to console Jesus that I started an association called "Friends of Veronica" in October 2003 in honor of Pope John Paul II's twenty-fifth year to the Papacy and the Beatification of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta. The aim of this association is to live out the Gospel message in Matthew 25: 31-46 of knowing that what we do to others we are doing to Jesus. "Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink..." We bring cheer to the lonely and forgotten. We visit the elderly in nursing homes and organize socials for them. We also send "Cheer" cards to the sick and lonely.

Do you fast during Lent?
Yes, in different ways with different things.

What is your Lenten Resolution(s)?
I think Lenten resolutions are near and dear to the heart, personal and different for everyone. We sometimes agree upon something to do as a family and we all make our own individual resolutions as well. Prayer and reflection before Lent begins helps us to formulate the intentions and resolutions.

Do you use Holy Water during Lent?
Yes, and all throughout the year, daily for blessings.

How many times do you go to Mass during Lent?
My goal is to go every day as well as go to the Stations of the Cross on Fridays. So far, we had two snow days during this Lent and it was too dangerous to go out. I am also cognizant of other situations that may come about, for instance illness with a family member that would prevent us or me from going to daily Mass. It is then, when I have to be content to pray in my "Domestic Church."

I invite anyone to participate in this Lenten Meme. God bless you!

No comments: