Monday, June 16, 2008

"Joan's Rome" blog post about President Bush and Pope Benedict

UPDATED LINK!


Joan Lewis is EWTN's Rome Bureau Chief stationed right near the Vatican. You can see St. Peter's from her dining room window! What a beautiful view she has there! I had the distinct pleasure of spending much tme with Joan while I was in Rome, participating in the International congress for women for the 20th anniversary of Mulieris Dignitatem. Joan also interviewed me on Vatican Radio (which you can listen to from my blogs by looking in the right hand column to find it and then clicking on the link).

Joan also invited my two daughters that I brought with me to Rome, as well as Teresa Tomeo, (my best girlfriend on the air at Ave Maria Radio!) who is a dear friend of Joan's to a lovely dinner at Joan's home on our first evening in Rome. Teresa and Joan have been friends for quite some time and I am just so happy that Teresa has "shared" Joan with me! We were able to be together on many more occasions together while in Rome in February. I feel so very blessed and honored to know Joan.

Go on over to "Joan's Rome" to read her blog about President Bush's visit with Pope Benedict. You can read her post and see many photos here. Her coverage of the event is excellent! I love her title and commentary! "POPE BENEDICT OFFERS U.S. PRESIDENT BUSH UNPRECEDENTED WELCOME...Oval Office meets Round Office – so to speak."

No comments: