Saturday, December 22, 2007

Will you help me adopt this family?

The other day I posted about a family who is in need right now for prayers and also for food and money to keep a roof over their heads. Many of us have the luxury of a home, food, and necessities and will have a very Merry Christmas! I just learned about this family the other day. They live in my town and I plan to try to get them whatever help I can. This woman who wrote the note was a friend of my dear friend and spiritual director, Fr. Bill who recently passed away. She wrote him a Christmas card not knowing that he had passed away. She was asking for his help with prayer and I know she would greatly benefit from some financial help, as well. I will include her personal note in this post again and I am asking if you would like to contribute ANYTHING to help this woman who doesn't even have a refrigerator. If you would like to send a donation, you may write to me at DMCooperOboyle(at)aol(dot)com. I will also try to set up a Paypal account to raise money for this family and will let you know as soon as I do. You may also send a donation to me to: Donna Cooper O'Boyle, P.O. Box 773, New Milford, CT 06776. Please enclose a note explaining that it is a donation for this family.

Here's the note from the woman:

"Dear Father,

Everyone I’m sure has always looked to you and ask for prayers! I am first wondering how you are doing and I hope that you are well? I sure wish you were around
(she must mean that he is no longer at our parish because he retired several years ago).

At this time I am totally and permanently disabled. I do not quality for SSDs due to 2 injuries. I don’t get Social Security, too young and have no income. I’m using the little bit I have to try to save my home, no health insurance, meds are $6,500.00 and more per year. Car broke down, now no refrigerator. Problem with my son, I have a workers compensation case and injury but they maybe too late coming to save me and my home and my animals and son. I need a St. Jude Novena and am too ill in bed to get to Church to meet the requirements. Would you please pray to St. Jude and baby Jesus to get God’s help. I want to live out my life with peace of mind and own roof over my head and better health for us. So sorry to have to ask you for help. I have no family left. Love, ****"(I have left her name out).


Thank you in advance for your help!

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

No comments: