Saturday, May 3, 2008

A little of this and a little of that...


What? No EWTN in Alaska?


Heidi, a faithful reader of my books and visitor to my blogs wrote me a letter recently and told me that she does not get EWTN in Alaska where she lives and appreciated the fact that I posted a lot about Pope Benedict's US visit here at Daily Donna-Marie. She said they don't have high speed internet either. I hope that EWTN can make it's way up to Alaska. Perhaps the people there can petition the cable companies. EWTN gave superb coverage of our Holy Father's visit to the United States. There were a number of bloggers covering his visit too. Our Sunday Visitor had a three member team covering all of the events and I have posted about them here at Daily Donna-Marie, as well.







St. Padre Pio Exhumed and New Reviews on my new Saints' book


If you go over to my fairly new blog, Moments of Inspiration with Your Favorite Saints you will find some information about St. Padre Pio being exhumed, some amazing photos, Blessed Damien's new news, as well as some current reviews of mt saints' book, Catholic Saints Prayer Book. I hope you visit there from time to time to learn more about our great intercessors in heaven and possibly purchase an autographed copy of my newest book.









"Thirsting for the Living Water: On the Dignity and Vocation of Women"


I gave a retreat last Saturday in Stratford, Connecticut. It was titled, "Thirsting for the Living Water: On the Dignity and Vocation of Women." It was well received and was a wonderful occasion for women to go to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament throughout the day with their cares and concerns and specific points covered in the retreat. I drew from Mulieris Dignitatem, On the Dignity and Vocation of Women which I wove into my talks. Pope John Paul II's profound understanding of a woman's heart and his insights in Mulieris Dignitatem bring amazing affirmation to women when they realize their God-given gifts and dignity in the eyes of God and the Church.

Check out the appearance section on my main website, Donna Cooper O'Boyle.Com to see where I'll be in case you're in the area and would like to join us! By the way, I'll soon be revamping the whole look of my main website, hopefully very soon.



Motherly Inspiration All Over the World,



It is very heart warming to hear from so many women from all around the world who tell me in letters and emails how much they have been inspired and transformed by reading my books and hearing my talks. It is all God's good and loving grace. I am just His little instrument who prays that she can bring inspiration to women, mothers and families during the confusing times we live in where women are targeted with an onslaught of mixed messages that can be quite confusing.







At my Embracing Motherhood blog, I recently shared about Anne in Australia and how my book, Catholic Prayer Book for Mothers has impacted her life. She told me, "This book is a continual support to my motherhood and prayer life." She posted about it on her beautiful blog. She gives this book out as gifts to Moms. You'll find it all at Embracing Motherhood here and you will see her very creative and sweet touch that she adds to her gift to the Moms. :)

I hear regularly from Grainne, a woman in Ireland who likes my parenting column in the Irish Family Press and has read all of my books and shared with me how they were life-changing to her, as well. She has also given away so many of them as gifts (God bless her!) and has shared with me the transformations that she has witnessed with these women after they have read them. God is so very good!



Another very kind woman, Kim, shared with me recently how my book, The Heart of Motherhood: Finding Holiness in the Catholic Home has transformed her life! I am planning to write a study guide very soon for that book and was invited by Catholic Exchange to do online studies of my books there. So, stay tuned for more information on that. I will also be offering helpful tips soon to all of the Moms out there wanting to start a Moms group to get together and encourage one another in their faith and their vocation. Watch for information here and at Embracing Motherhood.


Don't be shy! Feel free to add your comments (no one checks your spelling or grammar!) to the comment section under each post at each blog.

Don't forget to give your smile away, especially to the people who seem tougher to smile at. Be that one to help brighten some one's day! Mother Teresa always said to "Make your life something beautiful for God!" Let's do that!

God bless your week end!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Donna. My sister lives in Alaska. I'm pretty sure that they don't have cable at all. It's simply not available.

Some houses don't have indoor toilets, and it's not an issue of poverty but one of engineering (the ground is frozen). I think the cable problem is an engineering one as well.

She can't wait to move back to the lower 48 (she's an Army wif).

Have a great day. I'm making those blueberry-pecan french toasts today. Yum.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for stopping by. Wow, very interesting information about Alaska. Thanks.

Let me know how you like the blueberry pecan french toast. :) There's a story that goes with it that you can listen to by clicking on the Christmas episode of my segment with Teresa Tomeo on Ave Maria Radio. I have ny episodes listed in the right hand column of this blog.

God bless!
Donna