Saturday, May 31, 2008

First stop - Chicago and St. Charles for the RBTE!


My publisher, Our Sunday Visitor invited me to do a book signing of my newest book, Catholic Saints Prayer Book at a HUGE annual event called the RBTE or Religious Booksellers Trade Exhibit. I signed between 200 and 300 books in about an hour! The RBTE was held at the beautiful Pheasant Run Resort in St.Charles Illinois not far from Chicago.

I am told that over 300 Catholic and Christian Book store owners come to this event annually to look over the newest releases and decide what they would like to carry in their stores.

Many Catholic and Christian publishers had booths showing off a nice selection of their wares. It was enjoyable to get a chance to stroll through the many aisles of the convention to browse the well represented publishing houses and see many familiar faces before my scheduled book signing event.

EWTN (Eternal World Television Network) had a radio set up right there in the middle of the hub bub. So, while I was at the RBTE, I was asked to be on Al Kresta's live radio show. It was so nice to meet Al and to have a friendly chat with him on his show about my newest book and my other books, as well. I wish I had a photo to share with you of our chat. Perhaps I may be able to get the audio and share it with you in the near future. :) I'm not sure if that is possible, though. Here is a link to the show information.

Al Kresta has a regular radio show on Ave Maria Radio which is the same station that produces "Catholic Connection," the show that I am on regularly with Teresa Tomeo. Al Kresta's fascinating Bio is here.

Come back for another visit soon and I will fill you in on some more of my last few day's adventures! I have to go unpack now and tend to some overflowing hampers of laundry. For some strange reason, my washing machine shuts down when I am not home!

God bless your day!

Donna-Marie

No comments: