Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October: The Month of the Rosary

rosarypic.jpg


Pope John Paul II has said,

"From my youthful years this prayer has held an important place in my spiritual life. The Rosary has accompanied me in moments of joy and in moments of difficulty. To it I have entrusted any number of concerns: in it I have always found comfort." We will find comfort, too in this beautiful prayer of the Rosary. Our Blessed Mother will draw us closer to her Son.

He has also instructed us,

"I look to all of you, brothers and sisters of every state of life, to you, Christian families, to you, the sick and elderly, and to you, young people: confidently take up the Rosary once again. Rediscover the Rosary in the light of Scripture, in harmony with the liturgy, and in the context of your daily lives. May this appeal of mine not go unheard!"

Let us pick up those beads and use them often throughout the day. Miracles will take place in human hearts with our fervent use of the Rosary!

(Lisa Hendey over at Catholic Mom.Com has a section of books on the Rosary. Go take a look!)

No comments: