Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blessed are they who hope in the Lord...

Today's Psalm is:

Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

R. (Ps 40:5) Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

Blessed the man who follows not
the counsel of the wicked
Nor walks in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the LORD
and meditates on his law day and night.

R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

He is like a tree
planted near running water,
That yields its fruit in due season,
and whose leaves never fade.
Whatever he does, prospers.

R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.
Not so the wicked, not so;
they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
For the LORD watches over the way of the just,
but the way of the wicked vanishes.

R. Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.


***


Dear Lord, sometimes my hope in You wains when I see what is going on around this world we live in. But, I must remember - Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

Lord, my spouse doesn't believe in You which makes our daily lives in the family less than perfect. I will try to remember the words of the psalmist- Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

Dear Lord, it seems like nothing ever changes, the struggles continue, but I am reminded - Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

Lord, it always seems to be the same old "one step forward and several steps back" which wears on my spirit. But I will strive to take these words to heart - Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

Dear Lord, fill my heart with Your hope, please as I strive to stay on the narrow path that leads to life. Thank you for Your many blessings and love. Amen

[this prayer is not meant to reflect personal struggles of the author, only written to encourage hope for everyone. :)]

No comments: