Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mathetes Award for Excellece in Discipleship


Jean Marie at Catholic Fire has nominated me for the Mathetes Award for Excellence in Discipleship. I am truly honored to receive this award and I hope to live up to it.

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. So the rules for accepting the award are such: Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to, and provide links for:
(1) the originator of the award ( Dan King of management by God),
(2) the person that awarded it to you.
(3) name and sites of the five people that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ. Here are the blogs of those who are discipling me but first of all, I'd like to mention that I would like to have named Jean Marie but since she named me, I must choose 5 others (who are in no particular order and I'm sorry that I am restricted to 5 because there are others that I want to mention!)

My choices are:
1)Lisa Hendey at Catholic Mom
2) Karen Edmisten
3)Sarah at Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering
4)Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
5)Genevieve at Feminine-Genius

4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo nui loa dear Donna. This means so much to me.
God bless,

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

Dear Esther,

You truly are a Disciple of Excellence!

God bless,
Donna

Sarah Reinhard said...

Awwwwww. Thank you from the bottom of my water-soaked heart. :)

Karen Edmisten said...

Thank you, Donna! I'm humbled.