Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Feast Day!


Saint Padre Pio's feast day is today. He was an extraordinary saint and one of my absolute favorites. I beseech his help every single day! My spiritual director, Fr. Bill introduced me to him years ago and I have been counting on his help ever since. I have a chapter on him in a book I wrote about the saints which will come out next year with Our Sunday Visitor publishing. When St. Padre Pio wasn't saying Holy Mass or praying before the Blessed Sacrament, he was spending endless hours (18 or more a day) hearing confessions and reading the hearts of the people who came in droves to him to hear his counsel. I highly encourage you to beseech him with your concerns and needs. He will help! One quote that he is known for is "Pray, hope, and don't worry!"


You can go to this Vatican website to learn more about Padre Pio.

You can check out this multilingual official website for more information on him.

You can access Jean Marie's site at Catholic Fire for a beautiful reflection, many quotes of St. Padre Pio, and lots of information.

No comments: