Monday, April 19, 2010

Mary Kochan's article on Catholic Exchange

"I took three of my grandchildren to see The Perfect Game yesterday. My daughter is a manager at a mall theater and she had told me that the movie opened Friday and no one went to see it. I knew it was unlikely that it would stay past the weekend without a major change.

I did what I could. I sent an email blast out to dozens of my correspondents and I told my local friends where it was playing. I pleaded with those further away to please check their local listings and see where it might be playing. I even talked to my priest before the Spanish Mass so he would alert them about this movie.

The kids and I comprised over half of the audience in the showing we went to.

When we left, I asked my 10-year-old grandson what he liked best about the movie. “I liked it when the coach told them that they would rise or fall together,” he said. “That’s how it is when you are on a team.”

Right on..."

Continued here at Catholic Exchange today.

No comments: