Friday, July 17, 2009

Scapulars


I wanted to post yesterday for the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. I was certainly calling upon her for intercession yesterday, but never got a chance to say anything about the feast day. There's a great post over at Tea at Trianon about scapulars. It's really worth a read.

It begins..."In the last forty years many of the sacramentals of the Church, such as the scapular, have been either forgotten or misinterpreted. I have seen some very sophisticated Catholics on the internet mock the scapular as being superstitious. It requires a certain child-like piety to understand such things; an understanding of the history of the devotion does not hurt either..." Continued here at Tea at Trianon.

Speaking of scapulars and sacramentals, I cover them in my book that will be released later this year: The Heart of Catholicism.

Have a BLESSED day!

God bless and hugs,

Donna-Marie

No comments: